NEW! 5* Ms Koningsdam (Holland America Line)
Launched in 2016, Koningsdam carries forward all of the tradition, nautical heritage, and signature service and style for which Holland America Line is known—while raising the bar for 21st-century elegance. The 2,650-guest Koningsdam is the first of her class, ushering in a new era of Pinnacle-class cruising.
Her name’s roots, like the ship itself, are a mix of something contemporary and something classic: “Koning,” means king in Dutch—and is a salute to King Willem-Alexander, the Netherland’s first king in more than 100 years.
To bring this new ship to life, Holland America Line commissioned two legendary partners, change-maker Adam D. Tihany, regarded as one of the world’s pre-eminent hospitality designers and designer, and architect Bjørn Storbraaten, the force behind ms Nieuw Amsterdam and ms Eurodam.
Their design cues for Koningsdam? Light-filled spaces. Fluid curves. A sophisticated interplay of high technology and elegance. With beautiful architectural elements inspired by music. All woven together in a forward-thinking design approach.
At the heart of the ship, Koningsdam’s central atrium is pure visual drama. Soaring three decks high, the space is graced by an airy stainless steel sculpture that evokes the feeling of a classical quartet, with strings, arches, and bows. The atrium is capped by a ceiling that serves as a backdrop for subtly changing high-definition projections. Look up by day to see wispy cirrus clouds floating overhead. By evening, the atrium takes on dramatic lighting hues or reflects the clear constellations of the night sky.
- Ship’s Registry: The Netherlands
- Guest capacity: 2,650
- Gross Tonnage: 99,500 grt.
- Length: 975 feet
- Beam: 114.8 feet
- Dedicated: May 2016, by H.M. Queen Maxima of the Netherlands
Suites & Staterooms
Step into a private haven characterized by light, space and elegance. Our interior designer, guided by guest feedback, was given the freedom to completely reimagine staterooms aboard. The result: welcome modern touches such as bedside USB ports and frameless shower glass doors, as well as luxe appointments like customized wooden cabinetry.
Bedroom with 1 king-size bed, oversize whirlpool bath & shower & additional shower stall, living room, dining room, dressing room, private verandah with whirlpool, pantry, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, microwave, refrigerator, guest toilet, private stereo system, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 1357 sq. ft. including verandah.
Include all the suite amenities, plus:
- Use of the exclusive Neptune Lounge and personal concierge service
- Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise
- Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation
- Complimentary bottled water provided in suite at embarkation
- Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night
- Cold hors d’oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request
- Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise
- Wall-unit bar
- Priority boarding for tendered ports of call
- Special disembarkation service
- Priority dining and seating requests
- Exclusive daily breakfast service
- High tea service in suite on request
- Elegant wooden clothing brush, lint remover and shoehorn for keeping clothing immaculate
- Fragrant bath salts and exfoliating loofah mitt for an invigorating shower experience
- Neptune Lounge: A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, and refreshments throughout the day. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.
- Our signature Mariner’s Dream™ bed featuring finely woven cotton linens
- Luxurious bathrobes for use during your voyage
- 100% Egyptian cotton towels
- Premium massage showerhead
- 5x magnifying lighted make-up mirror and salon-quality hair dryer
- Room safe
- Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
- Complimentary fresh fruit on request
- Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages
- Flat-panel TV and DVD player
- Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service
- Mini fridge
- Bedside USB port
Grab one of our signature burgers by the pool at Dive-In, choose sophisticated ambiance in our elegant dining room, spend a romantic evening in the Pinnacle Grill or enjoy in-room dining any time of day.
Dining venues on Koningsdam:
- Pinnacle Grill
- The Dining Room
- De Librije Pop Up
- Sel de Mer
- Lido Market
- New York Pizza & Deli
- Grand Dutch Café
- G Gelato
Onboard activities abound, including intimate tasting and wine-blending classes at BLEND by Chateau Ste. Michelle. Hone video-editing skills, rejuvenate at our Greenhouse Spa, take a Pilates class or simply relax and unwind.
Activities offered on Koningsdam:
- BLEND by Chateau Ste. Michelle
- America’s Test Kitchen (coming soon in 2017)
- BBC Earth Experiences
- Digital Workshop, powered by Windows
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon
- Club HAL and The Loft
- Two swimming pools
- Fitness Center
- Basketball & Volleyball courts
- The Shops of Holland America Line
Entertainment & Nightlife
Dazzling entertainment options abound on board Koningsdam. The new Lincoln Center Stage and Billboard Onboard venues join the already popular B.B. King’s Blues Club for a complete new “Music Walk” experience.
Entertainment offered onboard Koningsdam:
- B.B. King’s Blues Club
- Lincoln Center Stage
- Billboard Onboard
- World Stage
- Movies Poolside
- Ocean Bar
- Pinnacle Bar